Sunday, December 28, 2014

Been awhile..

I can't believe it has been so long since my last post! Having the heart attack in Sept of 2013 threw me off my game more than I thought I guess.

However, that is no reason to let myself slide back into bad habits. It should have made me even more determined to get healthy. But what it actually did was make me afraid.

Afraid to do much of anything because what if I had another one? A bigger one? THE big one, you know?

I have now reached the point that the fear is still there but the urge to get back to what I was doing before has begun to overpower it. Oh sure, I have made attempts over the past year, eating mostly vegetarian meals, making smoothies here and there, but nothing that stuck.

Instead I lived in denial as slowly the weight began creeping back up. As the breathing became more labored,the aches and pains and trouble walking grew worse with each day. My energy level is next to nil now, I have to really force myself to do anything. I tell myself it is because I am getting old. The heck with that, 57 (well 58 in a couple of weeks) is NOT that old! It is time to do something about this.

I miss riding my bike. I miss sleeping well and waking up ready to greet the day and get stuff done. I miss cooking and eating healthier meals. I miss going off with the camera for " photo walkabouts". I miss not having excruciating cramps (charley horses) every time I move wrong or sometimes even if I move at all.

After gaining almost 20 lbs over the last 3 months I have decided that it is time to take action.

I actually began cutting back the day after Christmas, the 21st actually because we celebrated it on the 20th this year, and I have already lost 5 lbs. I am now motivated and ready to surge ahead on this goal of getting healthy.

Again.

Hopefully 2015 will be the year that I meet my goals in this area.

No, let's change that to 2015 WILL be the year I meet my goals!

Will it be the year that you meet your health goals? Would you like to join me on this journey? Maybe we could challenge and support each other along the way.

I know I could certainly use the company and somebody to keep me accountable.

2 comments: