Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rewarding yourself..

Many people use a reward system to help them stay on track with their weight loss goals. This can be something simple for each 5-10 lbs lost or you can wait until you have lost a major amount, say 50 lbs.

I haven't tried it yet but it seems like a good idea. After all,  many of us used the reward system for our children, either for chores, or school work, with great success, didn't we?

So I'm thinking that I may give it a go to help me stay off of cigarettes and help me stay on my diet.  Every time I want to buy a pack, I'm going to start putting the cigarette money away instead. The idea being that when I reach a weight loss goal of 25 lbs I am going to use the money I saved on cigarettes to buy myself something.....probably something related to photography or weight loss.

I realize this may only work until the nicotine cravings have finally gone away but it should see me through the worst part of those because I'll be looking forward to whatever new gadget I plan on buying, and should also help me stick to the diet for the same reason!

At $9 a pack, 3 or 4 times a week, this should add up pretty well in the amount of time it would take to lose 25 lbs...which at 2 lbs a week would be 13 weeks, give or take. If I do the math at $27 a week x 13 weeks I get $351...WOW can get a lot of things for that..or one really big thing!

Getting excited thinking about what I will buy already..LOL. Maybe there IS something to this reward system after all!

What would you reward yourself with when you meet a goal and what would your goal be to earn that reward? Also, do you think the anticipation of the reward would help you stay on track?

No comments:

Post a Comment