Wednesday, January 5, 2011

trying, but...

Despite the best of intentions life has been putting me through the wringer this week and as a result, my eating hasn't been as healthy as I had planned. I tend to turn to comfort foods when I am overly stressed and the past 3 days has been no exception, although I have been attempting to keep it to a minimum. 
Also haven't been able to work out this week. Mainly because it has been one of those "have to wait for...." weeks.... daughter, UPS, oil delivery tomorrow....haven't really  wanted to get into workout duds and get started just to have the doorbell ring.
I did get quite a bit of walking in today though, which is a good thing.
Running late this morning I didn't even notice my grandson didn't have his back pack until he ran back across the playground as they were heading in to tell me that he forgot it and begged me to bring it because "everything I need is in there Nana!!"
So what's a Nana to do....walked home, grabbed it, walked to the school and then back again. So a total of 40 mins brisk walking...brisk cause it was COLD! Then I had to go to the bank and store, so another 25 mins there...add a few trips up and down the cellar stairs for laundry too. So at least I got some extra activity in today!
Tomorrow I don't have to go anywhere and one of the major sources of stress has finally been resolved so I definitely plan on being very good in the food department and with any luck the oil man will come early enough that I can grab a workout too.
Hoping I see a small change in the numbers on the scale on Monday, still a chance if I can manage to  get my butt in gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment