Monday, January 3, 2011

A new year, a new start

Don't many of us make losing weight a goal each new year? It is a great goal, but what's sad is how many people start off with such good intentions and last...what..maybe a month? Sometimes less, sometimes more, but I wonder how many actually continue on until they reach their goal weight?

I am one of the qung ho quitters..LOL...wait, let's change that to I USED to be one. I recently got quite a bit of not so great news from the Dr so I HAVE to do this. Not just because I want to wear smaller clothes,  or look nicer...but so I can stay alive!

For my boys, who will need me for a long long time, for my daughter who also needs me still and for my grandson, who is 7 and who I want to see grow up. And for myself because I have so much I still want to accomplish in this madness called life.

I did make a start in November, fell off a bit during the holidays, but did manage to keep off 5 lbs, so I am now down to 256.2..I still have a whole person to lose, but hey it's a beginning! I've begun to get accustomed to measuring food and counting calories so it's pretty routine now. It's also easier to choose healthier things to eat and I even enjoy working out 6 days a week.

I guess bad news from the Dr was actually a good thing to get...I mean it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

But it was a huge wake-up call. A call that I intend to answer.........

No comments:

Post a Comment